WhatsApp is one of the most used chat app across the globe. It offers several useful features, anyone can expect from such an app.
The group chat is one such handy feature as you can have a common place to connect and share information among your family, friends, colleagues, business partners, etc.
Most of us are already familiar with the process of creating a group and adding the participants in the group. To add the participants in the group we select them from our contact list.
However there's two issue in this process.
- You have to scroll through the contacts list and select them one by one. Which is tedious task if you are adding a lot of participants.
- Once selected you are forcibly adding them into the group, probably without there consent too.
Well there's a workaround to counter these issues which is built right into the app.
WhatsApp has added a new group invite link feature that allows admin to add members without the usual way of scrolling through the contacts list.
All you need is to be admin of the group and have the latest version of WhatsApp installed.
Steps to follow:
- Launch the WhatsApp messenger app from the home screen or launcher
- Head to the group conversation window
- Tap on the three-dots from the top-right corner of the screen
- Scroll down and tap on the option ‘Invite via link’
- It will now show a message saying ‘Invite link has been made’ and below that there will be four option to choose from -- Send link via WhatsApp, Copy link, Share link as well as Revoke link
- Share the link to the person you want to add to the group.
You can share the link by whatever medium you want to choose, such as SMS, WhatsApp, Email, etc.
Benefits of this feature:
- You don't need to add the person to your contacts list to add them into the group.
- You don't have to scroll through the contacts list to add participants to the group.
- By sending a link you are giving choice to the other person. He may choose to join the group or decline the request.
Hope you liked this article. If you have any questions do ask us in comments section.
If you liked (or disliked) the article, please do let us in comments section below.